This model was created in 3D Studio Max R7 over a period of approximately 1 week.
To remove the pin from this grenade the hoop must be twisted violently up or down to release it from the catch on the opposite side.
The “hammer” under the spoon is at an angle of 45 degrees.
The third image in the thumbnails above is a map of markings for the grenade, which can be applied as a texture to the main cylinder. There should also be a six digit serial number on the base of the grenade.
This british smoke grenade has been widely used around the world and is relatively low cost to produce.
The usual discharge time for this grenade is between 15 and 30 seconds. This grenade becomes extremely hot during this period, and has been known to cause small fires in dry areas.
- Weight: 0.6 kilograms
- Discharge: Screening Smoke
- Discharge duration: 15-30 seconds
- Dissipation time: Variable
- Polygons: 18898
- Vertecies: 14879
- Objects: 8
- Filetypes: obj, 3ds, max
- The inverse sphere carved into the spoon of the grenade should be rounded at the edges.
- No firing pin or external firing mechanism has been modelled for this grenade.
- The internals of the grenade have not been modelled.