This model was created in 3D Studio Max R7 over a period of approximately 16 hours.
While the main body of the grenade could be mistaken for a sphere, only the bottom half is in fact a spherical body, whereas the upper half is created from a torus.
The spherical M67 fragmentation grenade is a well known United States hand grenade, which replaces the M61 (vietnam) and Mk2 (WWII) grenades.
This grenade uses a similar fuse mechanism to both the M61 and Mk2 grenades.
- Weight: 14 ounces
- Average throwing range: 40 meters
- Fatality radius: 5 meters
- Casualty radius: 15 meters
- Maximum Fragment Radius: 230 meters
- Charge: Composition B (6.5 ounces)
- Polygons: 5962
- Vertecies: 3001
- Objects: 6
- Filetypes: obj, 3ds, max
- There is no safety clip for the spoon of the grenade, merely the grenades pin which is fastened in an unusual manner.
- The fastening of the grenades pin may or may not reflect the actual fastening method on an actual M67 grenade.
- The base of the grenade has been modelled as flat. this may or may not correctly reflect an actual M67 grenades base.