This model was created in 3D Studio Max R7 over a period of approximately 16 days.
The thirty round magazine of the M4A1 includes two helper objects. Two look-at targets and two paths, which each round in the double-stack magazine conforms to.
A true carbine rifle, the M4A1 Carbine can fire a 5.56x48mm NATO round in either single or fully automatic fire, with a standard magazine capacity of 30 rounds. Magazines on this rifle are interchangable with other NATO STANAG 4179 magazines.
This version of the M4A1 has a metal foregrip with 20mm weaver rails on on the y and z axis, and includes three plastic hand guard sections and a vertical grip. The A1 version also includes a detatchable carrying handle with incorporated iron sights, which can be removed to reveal a 20mm weaver rail. The stock can also be extended and retracted.
- Length: 760mm retracted, 840mm extended
- Cartridge: 5.56x45mm
- Barrel Length: 368mm
- Standard Magazine Capacity: 30 rounds
- Weight: 2.54Kg
- Rate of Fire: 700 - 1000 rounds per minute
- Production Started: 1984
- Polygons: 119526
- Vertecies: 57967
- Objects: 127
- Filetypes: obj, 3ds, max
- The bolt barrier and bolt are not accurately modelled.
- The magazine well, magazine stop plate, and magazine entrance (top of the magazine) is not accurately modelled.
- The 5.56x45mm cartridge and bullet are not accurately modelled.
- The grip for a Tokyo Mauri M4 fits a motor, which makes it much wider than on the real-steel item.